If you’re a last minute person, then this is the time to hit send on your Stratejoy essay contest submission. You have until midnight EST tonight to get those essays in to katie (at) stratejoy (dot) com to be considered for selection as a finalist. Then, in about a week or so, we’ll start publishing the finalists and in a month the voting for the $500 will start.
Woo freakin’ hoo!
It’s not too late, but it will be tomorrow! Get writing, ladies.
Need a reminder of the details? They’re right here!
Season 7 Blogger Applications are OPEN!
It’s That Time Again!
Can you believe it? Our Stratejoy Bloggers have been sharing their journeys with us for over 3 years. Time really flies, eh?
For Season 7, we’ve made a big change. Why? It’s time to focus on the internal environment (going through transition/transformation/reinvention, desiring a more aligned life, craving connection to our true selves, tackling a new step in our journey) instead of the external factors (being 25-30ish).
What’s Changing for Season 7?
Some women who read Stratejoy are in the middle of their Quarterlife Crisis. Others have already gone over that hump and are now going through other life stages that are just as exciting, scary, and confusing to navigate.
What does this mean for Stratejoy?
We’ll still be featuring incredible, gutsy bloggers, but the criteria to write for us has broadened. The Stratejoy bloggers won’t just be women going through the QLC (though that’s still okay too!).
Our brand spanking new Stratejoy Blogger Theme for Season 7: Women in Transition.
Yep, any transition/transformation/reinvention! Not just the Quarterlife crowd!
Who Should Apply:
Any woman in a transitional period in her life including (but not limited to):
- Newly married
- New mamas
- Recently divorced / single
- Quarterlife Crisis
- Midlife Crisis
- Work Journey- Job Transition / Entrepreneurs / Wannabe Entrepreneurs / Back to School
- Life after (or during) an illness or diagnosis
How To Apply:
I’m looking for 4-7 women to guest blog once a week on Stratejoy for a minimum of 3 months. The posts will go live in September 2012, but the writing begins in late August. I have had an amazing amount of interest thus far and are looking to find the right fit between diverse bloggers, a growing community, and reaching MORE WOMEN!
Position is unpaid, but a great oppurtunity… You would be doing it out of love of Stratejoy or some need to document this part of your life. I would appreciate you, support you and give you access to all the tools, courses and inspiration I have available. Promise.
* Attitude. It doesn’t matter if you don’t have your own blog, but I need you to have sass! Or humor! Or soul! Or blistering intelligence! Or an amazing authenticity! Or an unique perspective on the world! Or some such combination of fabulousness…
* Desire to share your story in real time in order to inspire other woman without preaching or judging.
* Tech savy with WordPress or other blogging software.
* Honesty. The struggles, the doubts, the celebrations and the breakthroughs. This is not the place to pretend you’re perfect or create an online “brand”. This is raw.
* Mad writing skills. Complete and utter love of the written word.
* One post per week with photo(s). Some will be posed questions/themes, most will just be personal updates from your life and require original thought from you. Posts need to be completed ON TIME and with your best effort. If you’re applying, you’re telling me you can commit to the workload. Please make sure you have time to write one post per week for the next 3-5 months.
* Posting with your first name, age, twitter account, city and photo. Last name NOT required.
* Conference call monthly (or at my discretion) with your proud mama (me) and the other bloggers.
* The reason you want to guest blog on Stratejoy is to promote your own business. It’s totally cool with me if you talk about your biz since it’s part of your life and your journey, but that cannot be the reason why you want to be a part of this project.
* You’re a freelance writer is who looking at this gig as a way to enhance your portfolio. It naturally will do that! But if that’s the only reason you’re here, it’s not the right fit.
* If you’re not in a transitional period or have conquered your time of transition. Good for you! But not good for sharing a real time journey…
* You are a Life Coach. Sorry dolls, I’m running the show on this site! Can’t pretend otherwise. That said, I am always looking for collaborators/affiliates/business partners who want to get “Stratejoy” certified- so get in touch if you’re interested!
I want to hear from you! If you’re interested in blogging for Stratejoy, please send the following information by Wednesday, August 15, 2012. Don’t forget to follow all the directions! (Seriously, I’m a bit of a stickler for directions…)
1. Name, day job, job-you-do-out-of-love-if-you-have-one, city, age, Twitter/Facebook links & metrics, website (if applicable)
2. Phone number and best time to reach you.
3. Photo that expresses your most authentic self
4. 250 words on “Why I will make a Rockin’ Stratejoy Blogger”
5. 500-700 word introduction to you and your story. Great chance to tell me about your own transitional period… Pretend you are writing your very first blog post! Go back and read the first posts of Seasons 1-6 if you want to see some winning entries.
It would be most awesome if you created a word document or PDF with all the information so I can easily print and review. Please include your picture with the document, as I like to see your pretty face while I’m reading your application. Hurrah! Also, if you applied for any previous season or entered the essay contest, it’s fine to apply for Season 7 as well – but I do need a new application from you! Just let me know that you applied for a previous season.
Please know that each and every application is absolutely considered. Final bloggers are chosen at my discretion and based on several factors: writing skill, current situation, diversity, personality, love of Stratejoy and unique contribution.
Send all info to katie [at] stratejoy [dot] com. Feel free to tweet me (Molly) with questions — @stratejoy. She sucks at email, but rocks at Twitter.
Get writing ladies!
I am so ridiculously excited to read/memorize/adore your application and put together an amazing team for Season 7.