Coach. Teacher. Writer. Mama.
Fancy titles include Freedom Instigator, Joy Enthusiast and Fierce Love Advocate.
I believe in champagne, utter honesty and creating your own version of success.
The best thing is that you can make the course whatever you need it to be.
Shannon, Seattle, Washington
Search the site
- 10 Ways to Get Your Act Together
- Showing My Gratitude And A Few Thank You Notes
- 12 Rules of Inner Confidence
- How to Date Yourself in 10 Ways
- 9 New Ways to Practice Gratitude
- Self Love: I am Enough. And also, You are Enough.
- 8 Strategies to Improve Your Quality of Life
- How Does a Logical Person Define Love?
- For Anyone Who Feels Miserable In Their Job
- For those of you interested… Max’s Birth Story!
As Seen At
Tag Archives: mothers and daughters
I hate it when reality comes to kick me in the ass. My mom came for a visit a couple of weeks ago. She had a conference in town and decided to bookend it with a stay at Disney, and because I now live so close, that also meant more than one trip to my apartment. Now, I know you don’t know my mom. She is polite, gracious, smart, funny, and the mother of all perfectionists. And she has definite ideas about who I should be.
Part of me feels itchy and uncomfortable, seeing my mom as a person with her own struggles and challenges. Part of me only wants to view her and my Dad as Parents. Those People Who Know Everything. Seeing her as someone apart from my mother is a strange realization.